Thursday, January 4, 2007

My first post!

04.01.2007
I have recently re-discovered how much I love cooking from scratch and have become obsessed with cookery books and food forums ;o)
It came about when I got married last September and I suddenly found myself with lots of time on my hands as there was no more wedding planning. Up to that point I liked cooking and was good at it but couldn't be bothered. being home almost 2 hours before hubbie didn't help either as it was too easy to get stuck into book. My favourite meals were pasta (which hubbie doesn't like) and chilli con carne.

Since we came back from honeymoon I have started to be a bit more adventorous and have moved on to casseroles, pies, soups and roasts. My favourite cook books are Gordon Ramsay's Sunday Lunch, 1000 Basic Recipes and Nigella's Domestic Goddess.

I love baking too! Especially making brownies. Just before christmas I made tons of biscuits as presents which were received very well ;o)

My next project is to try to eat for no more than £30 a month. As in £30 for hubbie and me. I read the blog of this American guy who lives off $1 a day but found he ate nothing but crap so need to do much better. The main problem at the moment is finding two weeks to give this a go. We are off to Rome soon, then it is Valentines, then we go away again to Amsterdam... So I am aiming for emptying mu cupboards unti then and doing this in March!

And now I am off home to cook dinner. We have a slab of beef at home that I roasted 2 days ago. We had some sort of stir fry yesterday and I am thinking of whipping together a quick casserole for tonight with tomato base and lots of veg!

No comments: